How to switch from FreedomPop & take your mobile number to BT Mobile
To port your FreedomPop number out, request a PAC by contacting FreedomPop customer service on 0113 8870 823 or +44 11 3887 0823 from abroad. Alternatively, you can use the FreedomPop Contact Page. A customer service representative will then generate a PAC number, and follow up with your code, once it's available.
- FreedomPop will provide your Port Authorisation Code (PAC number) either over the telephone, by SMS text message or via email.
- A PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your FreedomPop account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your FreedomPop account will be automatically closed.
FreedomPop must issue you with a PAC number within 2 working days of
your request, or a reason for why it cannot be issued, in accordance with Ofcom's
"General Conditions of Entitlement".
Once you have received your Port Authorization Code from FreedomPop, look for the best BT Mobile offer that is suited to you. Many of the best mobile phone deals are available exclusively online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new BT Mobile mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from FreedomPop. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your contract before switching, otherwise you might not be able to port over your number. Once you provide your new network provider with your PAC code, your old account will automatically be cancelled when the number is migrated over.
Note: Credit on a PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go / Pre-Pay) account cannot be transferred and any remaining credit will be lost after the switch over.
Joining BT Mobile
How to switch to BT Mobile & bring your FreedomPop number with you
The first step, if you haven't already, is to sign up with BT Mobile.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Port Authorization Code (PAC) from your previous FreedomPop network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new BT Mobile sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Call BT by dialing 150 from your BT Mobile or 0800 800 150 from another phone or +44 179 359 6931 from abroad. Have your BT phone or account number ready, along with your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC), and let them know that you'd like to transfer your old mobile phone number across to them.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the BT Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete.
Visit BT Mobile online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phones, contracts and PAYG deals.