How to switch from T-Mobile & take your mobile number to The Phone Co-op
T-Mobile customer services can be contacted by either dialing 150 from a T-Mobile SIM, or 0207 362 0200 from another phone, to request your "Port Authorisation Code" (PAC) at the same time that you give your notice of leaving TMobile.
- T-Mobile will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either over the telephone, by SMS text message or via email.
- A PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your T-Mobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your T-Mobile account will be automatically closed.
T-Mobile must issue you with a PAC number within 2 working hours
of your request, or a reason for why it cannot be issued, in accordance with Ofcom's
"General Conditions of Entitlement".
Once you have received your Port Authorization Code from T-Mobile, look for the best The Phone Co-op offer that is suited to you. Many of the best mobile phone deals are available exclusively online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new The Phone Co-op mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from T-Mobile. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your contract before switching, otherwise you might not be able to port over your number. Once you provide your new network provider with your PAC code, your old account will automatically be cancelled when the number is migrated over.
Note: Credit on a PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go / Pre-Pay) account cannot be transferred and any remaining credit will be lost after the switch over.
Joining The Phone Co-op
How to switch to The Phone Co-op & bring your T-Mobile number with you
The first step, if you haven't already, is to sign up with The Phone Co-op.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous T-Mobile network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new The Phone Co-op sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Contact The Phone Co-op on 01608 434 000 or fill out the customer services form form to provide your PAC (Port Authorisation Code) from your previous mobile network provider.
Please note that they ask for at least 5 working days notice before your PAC expires to transfer your number to them.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the The Phone Co-op signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete.
Visit The Phone Co-op online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phones, contracts and PAYG deals.