How to switch from giffgaff & take your mobile number to Vodafone
Contact giffgaff (after you login) and let them know that you would like to transfer (or 'port-out') your number to another network. A Giff gaff customer support agent will then get back to you with your PAC code. Replies can be found in your giffgaff account message box.
- giffgaff will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either over the telephone, by SMS text message or via email.
- Your giffgaff account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your giffgaff account will be automatically closed.
giffgaff must issue you with a PAC number within 2 working hours
of your request, or a reason for why it cannot be issued, in accordance with Ofcom's
"General Conditions of Entitlement".
Once you have received your Port Authorization Code from giffgaff, look for the best Vodafone offer that is suited to you. Many of the best mobile phone deals are available exclusively online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new Vodafone mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from giffgaff. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
How to switch to Vodafone & bring your giffgaff number with you
The first step, if you haven't already, is to sign up with Vodafone.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous giffgaff network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Vodafone sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Contact Vodafone customer services to provide them with your PAC code, by dialing 191 free from your Vodaphone mobile, or by calling 03333 040 191 from any other phone. Alternatively you can port your number online to Vodafone.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Vodafone signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete.
Visit Vodafone online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phones, contracts and PAYG deals.