Keep my BT Mobile number
How to get a PAC code from BT Mobile & transfer my number to Vodafone
Contact BT Mobile to request your your PAC (Port Authorization Code) by dialing 150 from your BT Mobile or 0800 800 150 from another phone or +44 179 359 6931 from abroad.
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your BT Mobile SIM to
get your BT Mobile PAC code by text message and begin the porting process.
- BT Mobile will provide your PAC code (Porting Authorisation Code) either by SMS text message, via email, or over the phone if you contact them.
- A PAC number is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your BT Mobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to your new Vodafone network. After the transfer is complete, your old BT Mobile account will be automatically closed.
While you wait to get your BT Mobile PAC code, find the best Vodafone online offer for you. Many of these exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Got your BT Mobile PAC code?
Provide your PAC code from BT Mobile to Vodafone who will then be able to port your existing BT Mobile number. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your SIM only or mobile contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your current phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you give Vodafone your BT Mobile PAC code, your old BT Mobile billing account will be closed automatically when your mobile phone number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity by SMS text message before porting your number.
Transfer my number to Vodafone
How to switch to Vodafone and keep my BT Mobile number?
First get your Vodafone package and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old BT Mobile mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The BT Mobile PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Vodafone SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new Vodafone SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
Contact Vodafone customer services to provide them with your PAC code, by dialing 191 free from your Vodaphone mobile, or by calling 03333 040 191 from any other phone. Alternatively you can port your number online to Vodafone.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Vodafone signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.