How to switch from Lycamobile & take your mobile number to O2
Contact Lycamobile customer services by dialing 322 (93#) from your Lycamobile phone (0207 132 0322 from another phone or +442071320322 from abroad) and ask for your PAC code (Porting Authorisation Code) before you cancel your service with Lyca mobile. Alternatively you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- Lycamobile will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either over the telephone, by SMS text message or via email.
- A PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your Lycamobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your Lycamobile account will be automatically closed.
Lycamobile must issue you with a PAC number within 2 working hours
of your request, or a reason for why it cannot be issued, in accordance with Ofcom's
"General Conditions of Entitlement".
Once you have received your Port Authorization Code from Lycamobile, take a look at the best O2 offer that is suited to you. Many of the top mobile phone deals are available exclusively online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new O2 mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from Lycamobile. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your contract before switching, otherwise you might not be able to port over your number. Once you provide your new network provider with your PAC code, your old account will automatically be cancelled when the number is migrated over.
Note: Credit on a PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go / Pre-Pay) account cannot be transferred and any remaining credit will be lost after the switch over.
How to switch to O2 & bring your Lycamobile number with you
The first step is to sign up with O2 and get your SIM card.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous Lycamobile network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new O2 sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Contact O2 customer services and ask to transfer your old number. You can reach them either from your 02 mobile phone on 4445 for Pay As You Go, or 202 for Pay Monthly contracts. Alternatively from a landline: dial 0344 8090222 for Pay As You Go customer Service or 0344 8090202 for Pay Monthly customer Service.
Alternatively, you can fill in the online O2 form and they will contact you when the transfer is complete.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the O2 signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete.
Visit O2 online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phone network deals.