Keep my Plusnet Mobile number
How to get a PAC code from Plusnet Mobile & transfer my number to Lycamobile
Contact Plusnet Mobile support by dialing 500 from your Plusnet Mobile phone or 0800 079 1133 from any other phone to ask for your PAC code. You'll need to ask for it before the end of any contract agreement.
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your Plusnet Mobile SIM to
get your Plusnet Mobile PAC code by text message and begin the porting process.
- Plusnet Mobile will provide your PAC code (Porting Authorisation Code) either by SMS text message, via email, or over the phone if you contact them.
- A PAC number is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your Plusnet Mobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to your new Lycamobile network. After the transfer is complete, your old Plusnet Mobile account will be automatically closed.
While you wait to get your Plusnet Mobile PAC code, find the best Lycamobile online offer for you. Many of these exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Got your Plusnet Mobile PAC code?
Provide your PAC code from Plusnet Mobile to Lycamobile who will then be able to port your existing Plusnet Mobile number. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your SIM only or mobile contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your current phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you give Lycamobile your Plusnet Mobile PAC code, your old Plusnet Mobile billing account will be closed automatically when your mobile phone number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity by SMS text message before porting your number.
Transfer my number to Lycamobile
How to switch to Lycamobile and keep my Plusnet Mobile number?
First get your Lycamobile package and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old Plusnet Mobile mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The Plusnet Mobile PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Lycamobile SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new Lycamobile SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
Call Lycamobile on 322 (93#) from your Lyca mobile (07973 101321 from another phone or +44 7973101321 from abroad). Let Lycamobile know that you want to use your existing mobile number and give them your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC). As soon as the number you wish to keep is live on your new Lyca mobile SIM card they will send you an SMS text message to let you know.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Lycamobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.
For more information and latest offers on mobile phone deals, visit Lycamobile online.