Keep my Virgin Mobile number
How to get a PAC code from Virgin Mobile & transfer my number to giffgaff
Call Virgin Media on 789 from a Virgin Mobile SIM or dial 0345 6000 789 from any other phone, and ask for your "Port Authorisation Code" or PAC number.
To use the text-to-switch service make sure to include your date of birth (as DD/MM/YYYY format) when texting
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your Virgin Mobile SIM to
get your Virgin Mobile PAC code by text message and begin the porting process.
- Virgin Mobile will provide your PAC code (Porting Authorisation Code) either by SMS text message, via email, or over the phone if you contact them.
- A PAC number is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your Virgin Mobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to your new giffgaff network. After the transfer is complete, your old Virgin Mobile account will be automatically closed.
While you wait to get your Virgin Mobile PAC code, find the best giffgaff online offer for you. Many of these exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Got your Virgin Mobile PAC code?
Provide your PAC code from Virgin Mobile to giffgaff who will then be able to port your existing Virgin Mobile number. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your SIM only or mobile contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your current phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you give giffgaff your Virgin Mobile PAC code, your old Virgin Mobile billing account will be closed automatically when your mobile phone number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity by SMS text message before porting your number.
Transfer my number to giffgaff
How to switch to giffgaff and keep my Virgin Mobile number?
First get your giffgaff package and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old Virgin Mobile mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The Virgin Mobile PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new giffgaff SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new giffgaff SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
Make sure your giffgaff account and SIM have been activated. Then log in to your account and complete the online transfer form to keep your old number. Giff gaff customer support will then get back to you with your transfer date. Replies can be found in your giffgaff account message box.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the giffgaff signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.