Leaving BT Broadband
How to switch from BT Broadband and transfer my number to Superdrug Mobile
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your BT Broadband
SIM to get your PAC code by text and begin the porting process.
- BT Broadband will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either over the phone, by SMS text message or via email.
- A PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your BT Broadband account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your BT Broadband account will be automatically closed.
Many of the exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here. While you wait for your Port Authorization Code from BT Broadband, get the best Superdrug Mobile offer tailored to you.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new Superdrug Mobile mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from BT Broadband. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your existing phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you provide your new network provider with your PAC code, your old account will be clsoed automatically once the number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity before porting your number.
Joining Superdrug Mobile
How to switch to Superdrug Mobile and keep my BT Broadband number?
The first step is to sign up with Superdrug Mobile to get your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous BT Broadband network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Superdrug Mobile sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Log in to your Superdrug Mobile dashboard and scroll down to the 'Transfer your number' section. Simply enter in your PAC code, and the mobile phone number that you want to transfer.
This will start the porting process, upon which you will receive an SMS text message and email to let you know when it's complete.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Superdrug Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your existing phone number in your new mobile network provider.
Visit Superdrug Mobile online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phone deals.