Keep my giffgaff number
How to get a PAC code from giffgaff & transfer my number to Three
Contact giffgaff (after you login to your account) and let them know that you would like to transfer (or 'port-out') your number to another network. Giff gaff customer support will then get back to you with your PAC code. Replies can be found in your giffgaff account message box.
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your giffgaff SIM to
get your giffgaff PAC code by text message and begin the porting process.
- giffgaff will provide your PAC code (Porting Authorisation Code) either by SMS text message, via email, or over the phone if you contact them.
- A PAC number is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your giffgaff account will remain active until your number has been ported over to your new Three network. After the transfer is complete, your old giffgaff account will be automatically closed.
While you wait to get your giffgaff PAC code, find the best Three online offer for you. Many of these exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Got your giffgaff PAC code?
Provide your PAC code from giffgaff to Three who will then be able to port your existing giffgaff number. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your SIM only or mobile contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your current phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you give Three your giffgaff PAC code, your old giffgaff billing account will be closed automatically when your mobile phone number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity by SMS text message before porting your number.
Transfer my number to Three
How to switch to Three and keep my giffgaff number?
First get your Three package and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old giffgaff mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The giffgaff PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Three SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new Three SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
Call Three customer service on 333 from a 3-Mobile handset or 0333 338 1001 from any other phone or landline. You will need to have a Three account already active before you can transfer your old number.
Alternatively, you can fill in the online form to bring your existing number to Three.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Three signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.