Leaving Tesco Mobile
How to switch from Tesco Mobile & take your mobile number to T-Mobile
Call Tesco Customer Care on 4455 from your Tesco Mobile phone or alternatively 0345 301 4455 from another telephone, to request your PAC code.
You can also transfer your number from one Tesco Mobile SIM to another by texting SWAP to 23424 for free from your original SIM card.
- Tesco Mobile will provide your Port Authorisation Code (PAC number) either over the telephone, by SMS text message or via email.
- Your Tesco Mobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your Tesco Mobile account will be automatically closed.
Tesco Mobile must issue you with a PAC number within 2 working days of
your request, or a reason for why it cannot be issued, in accordance with Ofcom's
"General Conditions of Entitlement".
Once you have received your Port Authorization Code from Tesco Mobile, look for the best T-Mobile offer that is suited to you. Many of the best mobile phone deals are available exclusively online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new T-Mobile mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from Tesco Mobile. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
How to switch to T-Mobile & bring your Tesco Mobile number with you
The first step, if you haven't already, is to sign up with T-Mobile.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Port Authorization Code (PAC) from your previous Tesco Mobile network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new T-Mobile sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Call T-Mobile on 150 from your TMobile number, or on 0207 362 0200 from another phone and give them your PAC code from your previous network provider.
T Mobile will then confirm with you the switch date for when your original number will be automatically ported over to your new T-Mobile SIM.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the T-Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete.
Visit T-Mobile online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phones, contracts and PAYG deals.