Keep my FreedomPop number
How to get a PAC code from FreedomPop & transfer my number to Plusnet Mobile
To port your FreedomPop number out, request a PAC by contacting FreedomPop customer service on 0113 8870 823 or +44 11 3887 0823 from abroad. Alternatively, you can contact FreedomPop online. A customer service representative will then generate a PAC number, and follow up with your code, once it's available.
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your FreedomPop SIM to
get your FreedomPop PAC code by text message and begin the porting process.
- FreedomPop will provide your PAC code (Porting Authorisation Code) either by SMS text message, via email, or over the phone if you contact them.
- A PAC number is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your FreedomPop account will remain active until your number has been ported over to your new Plusnet Mobile network. After the transfer is complete, your old FreedomPop account will be automatically closed.
While you wait to get your FreedomPop PAC code, find the best Plusnet Mobile online offer for you. Many of these exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Got your FreedomPop PAC code?
Provide your PAC code from FreedomPop to Plusnet Mobile who will then be able to port your existing FreedomPop number. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your SIM only or mobile contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your current phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you give Plusnet Mobile your FreedomPop PAC code, your old FreedomPop billing account will be closed automatically when your mobile phone number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity by SMS text message before porting your number.
Transfer my number to Plusnet Mobile
How to switch to Plusnet Mobile and keep my FreedomPop number?
First get your Plusnet Mobile package and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old FreedomPop mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The FreedomPop PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Plusnet Mobile SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new Plusnet Mobile SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
Once you have your PAC code, you can then text the word PORT to 07507 307 996 free from your new Plusnet SIM. They'll then send you a text. Just reply to that SMS with the mobile number you want to keep along with your PAC code. Alternatively, you can provide the PAC code over the telephone by calling customer services on 500 from your Plusnet Mobile or 0800 079 1133 from any other phone.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Plusnet Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.