Leaving Sky Mobile
How to switch from Sky Mobile & take your mobile number to Lycamobile
Sky Mobile customer services can be contacted by telephoning 03300 412 524 to cancel your account and request your Port Authorisation Code (PAC). Your Sky Mobile will remain active until your number has been ported over to your new network. Once the transfer is complete, your account will then be automatically closed.
- Sky Mobile will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either over the telephone, by SMS text message or via email.
- A PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your Sky Mobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your Sky Mobile account will be automatically closed.
Sky Mobile must issue you with a PAC number within 2 working hours
of your request, or a reason for why it cannot be issued, in accordance with Ofcom's
"General Conditions of Entitlement".
Once you have received your Port Authorization Code from Sky Mobile, take a look at the best Lycamobile offer that is suited to you. Many of the top mobile phone deals are available exclusively online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new Lycamobile mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from Sky Mobile. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your contract before switching, otherwise you might not be able to port over your number. Once you provide your new network provider with your PAC code, your old account will automatically be cancelled when the number is migrated over.
Note: Credit on a PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go / Pre-Pay) account cannot be transferred and any remaining credit will be lost after the switch over.
How to switch to Lycamobile & bring your Sky Mobile number with you
The first step is to sign up with Lycamobile and get your SIM card.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous Sky Mobile network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Lycamobile sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Call Lebara Mobile on 322 (93#) from your Lycamobile (07973 101321 from another phone or +44 7973101321 from abroad). Let LebaraMobile know that you want to use your existing mobile number and give them your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC). As soon as the number you wish to keep is live on your new Lebara Mobile SIM card they will send you an SMS text message to let you know.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Lycamobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete.
Visit Lycamobile online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phone network deals.