How to switch from 1pMobile & transfer your mobile number to BT Mobile
Contact 1pMobile (after you've logged in) to request your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) in order to move your mobile number out with you.
You can also call the 1pMobile customer support team on 03333 442278, between 9am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your 1pMobile
SIM to get your PAC code by text and begin the porting process.
- 1pMobile will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either over the phone, by SMS text message or via email.
- A PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your 1pMobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your 1pMobile account will be automatically closed.
Many of the exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here. While you wait for your Port Authorization Code from 1pMobile, get the best BT Mobile offer tailored to you.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new BT Mobile mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from 1pMobile. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your existing phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you provide your new network provider with your PAC code, your old account will be clsoed automatically once the number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity before porting your number.
Joining BT Mobile
How to switch to BT Mobile & keep your 1pMobile mobile number
The first step is to sign up with BT Mobile to get your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous 1pMobile network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new BT Mobile sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Call BT by dialing 150 from your BT Mobile or 0800 800 150 from another phone or +44 179 359 6931 from abroad. Have your BT phone or account number ready, along with your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC), and let them know that you'd like to transfer your old mobile phone number across to them.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the BT Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your existing phone number in your new mobile network provider.
Visit BT Mobile online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phone deals.