Keep my Honest Mobile number
How to get a PAC code from Honest Mobile & transfer my number to Three
You can contact Honest Mobile online to request your PAC (Port Authorisation Code) or manage your SIM through the Honest Mobile app. Alternative you can use the switch-by-text service to get your PAC code quickly and automatically through SMS.
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your Honest Mobile SIM to
get your Honest Mobile PAC code by text message and begin the porting process.
- Honest Mobile will provide your PAC code (Porting Authorisation Code) either by SMS text message, email, over the phone if you contact them directly, or through an online Honest Mobile login.
- A PAC number is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your Honest Mobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to your new Three network. After the transfer is complete, your old Honest Mobile account will be automatically closed.
While you wait to get your Honest Mobile PAC code, find the best Three online offer for you. Many of these exclusive mobile phone & SIM only deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Got your Honest Mobile PAC code?
Provide your PAC code from Honest Mobile to Three who will then be able to port your existing Honest Mobile number. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your SIM only or mobile contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your current phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you give Three your Honest Mobile PAC code, your old Honest Mobile billing account will be closed automatically when your mobile phone number is successfully ported over.
Note: Topup credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance or bundles will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any top-up credit left, one good option is to donate your remaining balance to a charity via SMS text message before porting your number.
Transfer my number to Three
How to switch to Three and keep my Honest Mobile number?
First get your Three deal and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready for the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old Honest Mobile mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The Honest Mobile PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Three SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new Three SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
Call Three customer service on 333 from a 3-Mobile handset or 0333 338 1001 from any other phone or landline. You will need to have a Three account already active before you can transfer your old number.
Alternatively, you can fill in the online form to bring your existing number to Three.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Three signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.