Keep my Lebara Mobile number
How to get a PAC code from Lebara Mobile & transfer my number to Orange
Contact Lebara Mobile customer support on 0870 0755588 (5588 from your Lebara Mobile or +44 20 7031 0791 from overseas) for a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) before you cancel your service with LebaraMobile.
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your Lebara Mobile SIM to
get your Lebara Mobile PAC code by text message and begin the porting process.
- Lebara Mobile will provide your PAC code (Porting Authorisation Code) either by SMS text message, via email, or over the phone if you contact them.
- A PAC number is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your Lebara Mobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to your new Orange network. After the transfer is complete, your old Lebara Mobile account will be automatically closed.
While you wait to get your Lebara Mobile PAC code, find the best Orange online offer for you. Many of these exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Got your Lebara Mobile PAC code?
Provide your PAC code from Lebara Mobile to Orange who will then be able to port your existing Lebara Mobile number. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your SIM only or mobile contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your current phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you give Orange your Lebara Mobile PAC code, your old Lebara Mobile billing account will be closed automatically when your mobile phone number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity by SMS text message before porting your number.
Transfer my number to Orange
How to switch to Orange and keep my Lebara Mobile number?
First get your Orange package and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old Lebara Mobile mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The Lebara Mobile PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Orange SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new Orange SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
Call Orange on 07973 100 980 and give them your PAC code. Or call Customer Services on 980 from your Orange handset.
Orange will then confirm with you the switch date and what will happen on the transfer day, when your original number will be automatically ported over.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Orange signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.