Keep my Sky Mobile number
How to get a PAC code from Sky Mobile & transfer my number to Plusnet Mobile
Sky Mobile customer services can be contacted by telephoning 03300 412 524 to cancel your account and request your Port Authorisation Code (PAC). Your Sky Mobile will remain active until your number has been ported over to your new network. Once the transfer is complete, your account will then be automatically closed.
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your Sky Mobile SIM to
get your Sky Mobile PAC code by text message and begin the porting process.
- Sky Mobile will provide your PAC code (Porting Authorisation Code) either by SMS text message, via email, or over the phone if you contact them.
- A PAC number is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your Sky Mobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to your new Plusnet Mobile network. After the transfer is complete, your old Sky Mobile account will be automatically closed.
While you wait to get your Sky Mobile PAC code, find the best Plusnet Mobile online offer for you. Many of these exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Got your Sky Mobile PAC code?
Provide your PAC code from Sky Mobile to Plusnet Mobile who will then be able to port your existing Sky Mobile number. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your SIM only or mobile contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your current phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you give Plusnet Mobile your Sky Mobile PAC code, your old Sky Mobile billing account will be closed automatically when your mobile phone number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity by SMS text message before porting your number.
Transfer my number to Plusnet Mobile
How to switch to Plusnet Mobile and keep my Sky Mobile number?
First get your Plusnet Mobile package and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old Sky Mobile mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The Sky Mobile PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Plusnet Mobile SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new Plusnet Mobile SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
Once you have your PAC code, you can then text the word PORT to 07507 307 996 free from your new Plusnet SIM. They'll then send you a text. Just reply to that SMS with the mobile number you want to keep along with your PAC code. Alternatively, you can provide the PAC code over the telephone by calling customer services on 500 from your Plusnet Mobile or 0800 079 1133 from any other phone.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Plusnet Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.