Keep my Tesco Mobile number
How to get a PAC code from Tesco Mobile & transfer my number to FreedomPop
Call Tesco Customer Care on 4455 from your Tesco Mobile phone or alternatively 0345 301 4455 from another telephone, to request your PAC code.
You can also transfer your number from one Tesco Mobile SIM to another by texting SWAP to 23424 for free from your original SIM card.
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your Tesco Mobile SIM to
get your Tesco Mobile PAC code by text message and begin the porting process.
- Tesco Mobile will provide your PAC code (Porting Authorisation Code) either by SMS text message, via email, or over the phone if you contact them.
- A PAC number is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your Tesco Mobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to your new FreedomPop network. After the transfer is complete, your old Tesco Mobile account will be automatically closed.
While you wait to get your Tesco Mobile PAC code, find the best FreedomPop online offer for you. Many of these exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Got your Tesco Mobile PAC code?
Provide your PAC code from Tesco Mobile to FreedomPop who will then be able to port your existing Tesco Mobile number. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your SIM only or mobile contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your current phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you give FreedomPop your Tesco Mobile PAC code, your old Tesco Mobile billing account will be closed automatically when your mobile phone number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity by SMS text message before porting your number.
Transfer my number to FreedomPop
How to switch to FreedomPop and keep my Tesco Mobile number?
First get your FreedomPop package and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old Tesco Mobile mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The Tesco Mobile PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new FreedomPop SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new FreedomPop SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
Log in to your FreedomPop account with your email address and password. Once successfully logged in, select the Phone Number option from the My Account menu at the top of the page. Then choose Transfer Existing Number and fill in the form with the requested information to start the number porting process.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the FreedomPop signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.
For more information and latest offers on mobile phone deals, visit FreedomPop online.