How to switch from giffgaff and transfer my number to Vodafone
Contact giffgaff (after you login) and let them know that you would like to transfer (or 'port-out') your number to another network. A Giff gaff customer support agent will then get back to you with your PAC code. Replies can be found in your giffgaff account message box.
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your giffgaff
SIM to get your PAC code by text and begin the porting process.
- giffgaff will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either over the phone, by SMS text message or via email.
- A PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your giffgaff account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your giffgaff account will be automatically closed.
Many of the exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here. While you wait for your Port Authorization Code from giffgaff, get the best Vodafone deal for you.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new Vodafone mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from giffgaff. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your existing phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you provide your new network provider with your PAC code, your old account will be clsoed automatically once the number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity before porting your number.
How to switch to Vodafone and keep my giffgaff number?
The first step is to select your Vodafone offer and receive your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous giffgaff network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Vodafone sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Contact Vodafone customer services to provide them with your PAC code, by dialing 191 free from your Vodaphone mobile, or by calling 03333 040 191 from any other phone. Alternatively you can port your number online to Vodafone.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Vodafone signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your existing phone number in your new mobile network provider.
For more information and latest offers on mobile phone deals, visit Vodafone online