How to switch from giffgaff & take your mobile number to ASDA Mobile
Contact giffgaff (after you login) and let them know that you would like to transfer (or 'port-out') your number to another network. A Giff gaff customer support agent will then get back to you with your PAC code. Replies can be found in your giffgaff account message box.
- giffgaff will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either over the telephone, by SMS text message or via email.
- A PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your giffgaff account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your giffgaff account will be automatically closed.
giffgaff must issue you with a PAC number within 2 working hours
of your request, or a reason for why it cannot be issued, in accordance with Ofcom's
"General Conditions of Entitlement".
Once you have received your Port Authorization Code from giffgaff, take a look at the best ASDA Mobile offer that is suited to you. Many of the top mobile phone deals are available exclusively online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new ASDA Mobile mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from giffgaff. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your contract before switching, otherwise you might not be able to port over your number. Once you provide your new network provider with your PAC code, your old account will automatically be cancelled when the number is migrated over.
Note: Credit on a PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go / Pre-Pay) account cannot be transferred and any remaining credit will be lost after the switch over.
Joining ASDA Mobile
How to switch to ASDA Mobile & bring your giffgaff number with you
The first step is to sign up with ASDA Mobile and get your SIM card.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous giffgaff network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new ASDA Mobile sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Call the ASDA Mobile Helpline on 2732 from your ASDA Mobile phone or 0800 079 2732 from a landline and tell them your PAC code number and the network you are moving from. ASDAmobile will send you a text to let you know when your number has been ported across.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the ASDA Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete.
Visit ASDA Mobile online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phone network deals.