Keep my iD Mobile number
How to get a PAC code from iD Mobile & transfer my number to Tesco Mobile
Contact iD Mobile customer services by calling 7777 free from your iD Mobile phone or 0333 003 7777 from any other telephone to request your PAC code. Make sure you ask for the PAC before the end of any contract agreement.
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your iD Mobile SIM to
get your iD Mobile PAC code by text message and begin the porting process.
- iD Mobile will provide your PAC code (Porting Authorisation Code) either by SMS text message, via email, or over the phone if you contact them.
- A PAC number is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your iD Mobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to your new Tesco Mobile network. After the transfer is complete, your old iD Mobile account will be automatically closed.
While you wait to get your iD Mobile PAC code, find the best Tesco Mobile online offer for you. Many of these exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Got your iD Mobile PAC code?
Provide your PAC code from iD Mobile to Tesco Mobile who will then be able to port your existing iD Mobile number. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your SIM only or mobile contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your current phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you give Tesco Mobile your iD Mobile PAC code, your old iD Mobile billing account will be closed automatically when your mobile phone number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity by SMS text message before porting your number.
Transfer my number to Tesco Mobile
How to switch to Tesco Mobile and keep my iD Mobile number?
First get your Tesco Mobile package and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old iD Mobile mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The iD Mobile PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Tesco Mobile SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new Tesco Mobile SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
Contact Tesco Customer Care by dialing 4455 from your Tesco Mobile phone or call them on 0345 301 4455 from another telephone. Let customer services know that you would like to transfer your old number to your new TescoMobile account and provide them with the PAC number from your old network provider.
Alternatively, you can text PORT to 23424 free from the Tesco Mobile number you want to replace.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Tesco Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.