How to switch from O2 & take your mobile number to Superdrug Mobile
Ask for your Port Authorisation Code (PAC) from O2 customer services by contacting them, either from your 02 mobile phone on 4445 for Pay As You Go, or 202 for Pay Monthly contracts. Alternatively from a landline: dial 0344 8090222 for Pay As You Go customer Service or 0344 8090202 for Pay Monthly customer Service.
- O2 will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either over the telephone, by SMS text message or via email.
- A PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your O2 account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your O2 account will be automatically closed.
O2 must issue you with a PAC number within 2 working hours
of your request, or a reason for why it cannot be issued, in accordance with Ofcom's
"General Conditions of Entitlement".
Once you have received your Port Authorization Code from O2, take a look at the best Superdrug Mobile offer that is suited to you. Many of the top mobile phone deals are available exclusively online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new Superdrug Mobile mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from O2. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your contract before switching, otherwise you might not be able to port over your number. Once you provide your new network provider with your PAC code, your old account will automatically be cancelled when the number is migrated over.
Note: Credit on a PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go / Pre-Pay) account cannot be transferred and any remaining credit will be lost after the switch over.
Joining Superdrug Mobile
How to switch to Superdrug Mobile & bring your O2 number with you
The first step is to sign up with Superdrug Mobile and get your SIM card.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous O2 network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Superdrug Mobile sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Log in to your Superdrug Mobile dashboard and scroll down to the 'Transfer your number' section. Simply enter in your PAC code, and the mobile phone number that you want to transfer.
This will start the porting process, upon which you will receive an SMS text message and email to let you know when it's complete.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Superdrug Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete.
Visit Superdrug Mobile online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phone network deals.