Keep my SMARTY number
How to get a PAC code from SMARTY & transfer my number to iD Mobile
Log in to your SMARTY account. From the dashboard click on the menu icon and select Account settings. Then follow the instructions to request your PAC code. Also ensure that you turn off automatic payments if it is enabled.
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your SMARTY SIM to
get your SMARTY PAC code by text message and begin the porting process.
- SMARTY will provide your PAC code (Porting Authorisation Code) either by SMS text message, via email, or over the phone if you contact them.
- A PAC number is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your SMARTY account will remain active until your number has been ported over to your new iD Mobile network. After the transfer is complete, your old SMARTY account will be automatically closed.
While you wait to get your SMARTY PAC code, find the best iD Mobile online offer for you. Many of these exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Got your SMARTY PAC code?
Provide your PAC code from SMARTY to iD Mobile who will then be able to port your existing SMARTY number. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your SIM only or mobile contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your current phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you give iD Mobile your SMARTY PAC code, your old SMARTY billing account will be closed automatically when your mobile phone number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity by SMS text message before porting your number.
Transfer my number to iD Mobile
How to switch to iD Mobile and keep my SMARTY number?
First get your iD Mobile package and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old SMARTY mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The SMARTY PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new iD Mobile SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new iD Mobile SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
With your PAC code from your previous network provider, log into your iD Mobile account and select My Services then click Keep My Number to enter your PAC code. From there you can select the Port Date and the mobile number you would like to keep.
Alternatively, contact customer services by calling 7777 free from your iD Mobile phone or 0333 003 7777 from any other telephone to provide those details.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the iD Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.