Leaving Virgin Mobile
How to switch from Virgin Mobile and transfer my number to iD Mobile
Call Virgin Media on 789 from a Virgin Mobile SIM or dial 0345 6000 789 from any other phone, and ask for your "Port Authorisation Code" or PAC number.
To use the text-to-switch service make sure to include your date of birth (as DD/MM/YYYY format) when texting
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your Virgin Mobile
SIM to request a PAC code by text message and begin the porting process.
- Virgin Mobile will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either by SMS text message, via email, or over the phone if you contact them.
- A PAC number is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your Virgin Mobile online account settings will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your account will be automatically closed.
While you wait for your Port Authorization Code from Virgin Mobile, get the best iD Mobile offer for you. Many of these exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Got your PAC code from Virgin Mobile?
Provide your PAC code from Virgin Mobile to iD Mobile online who will then be able to port your existing phone number from Virgin Mobile. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your SIM only or mobile contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your existing phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you give your new network provider your PAC code, your old billing account will be closed automatically when your number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity by SMS text message before porting your number.
Joining iD Mobile
How to switch to iD Mobile and keep my Virgin Mobile number?
First get your iD Mobile package and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old Virgin Mobile mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous Virgin Mobile network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new iD Mobile SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new iD Mobile SIM card serial number found on the back.
With your PAC code from your previous network provider, log into your iD Mobile account and select My Services then click Keep My Number to enter your PAC code. From there you can select the Port Date and the mobile number you would like to keep.
Alternatively, contact customer services by calling 7777 free from your iD Mobile phone or 0333 003 7777 from any other telephone to provide those details.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the iD Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your existing phone number in your new mobile network provider.