How to switch from 1pMobile & take your mobile number to The Phone Co-op
Contact 1pMobile (after you've logged in) to request your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) in order to move your mobile number out with you.
You can also call the 1pMobile customer support team on 03333 442278, between 9am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
- 1pMobile will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either over the telephone, by SMS text message or via email.
- A PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your 1pMobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your 1pMobile account will be automatically closed.
1pMobile must issue you with a PAC number within 2 working days
of your request, or a reason for why it cannot be issued, in accordance with Ofcom's
"General Conditions of Entitlement".
Many of the top mobile phone deals are available exclusively online, directly from the network providers listed here. So once you have received your Port Authorization Code from 1pMobile, get the best The Phone Co-op offer suited to you.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new The Phone Co-op mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from 1pMobile. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your existing phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you provide your new network provider with your PAC code, your old account will automatically be closed once the number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity before porting your number.
Joining The Phone Co-op
How to switch to The Phone Co-op & bring your 1pMobile number with you
The first step is to sign up with The Phone Co-op to get your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous 1pMobile network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new The Phone Co-op sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Contact The Phone Co-op on 01608 434 000 or fill out the customer services form form to provide your PAC (Port Authorisation Code) from your previous mobile network provider.
Please note that they ask for at least 5 working days notice before your PAC expires to transfer your number to them.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the The Phone Co-op signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your existing phone number in your new mobile network provider.
Visit The Phone Co-op online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phone deals.