Leaving BT Mobile
How to switch from BT Mobile and transfer my number to T-Mobile
Contact BT Mobile to request your your PAC (Port Authorization Code) by dialing 150 from your BT Mobile or 0800 800 150 from another phone or +44 179 359 6931 from abroad.
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your BT Mobile
SIM to get your PAC code by text and begin the porting process.
- BT Mobile will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either over the phone, by SMS text message or via email.
- A PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your BT Mobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your BT Mobile account will be automatically closed.
Many of the exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here. While you wait for your Port Authorization Code from BT Mobile, get the best T-Mobile offer tailored to you.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new T-Mobile mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from BT Mobile. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your existing phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you provide your new network provider with your PAC code, your old account will be clsoed automatically once the number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity before porting your number.
How to switch to T-Mobile and keep my BT Mobile number?
The first step is to select your T-Mobile deal and receive your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous BT Mobile network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new T-Mobile sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Call T-Mobile on 150 from your TMobile number, or on 0207 362 0200 from another phone and give them your PAC code from your previous network provider.
T Mobile will then confirm with you the switch date for when your original number will be automatically ported over to your new T-Mobile SIM.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the T-Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your existing phone number in your new mobile network provider.
For more information and latest offers on mobile phone deals, visit T-Mobile online