Leaving BT Mobile
How to switch from BT Mobile and transfer my number to Vectone Mobile
Contact BT Mobile to request your your PAC (Port Authorization Code) by dialing 150 from your BT Mobile or 0800 800 150 from another phone or +44 179 359 6931 from abroad.
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your BT Mobile
SIM to request a PAC code by text message and begin the porting process.
- BT Mobile will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either by SMS text message, via email, or over the phone if you contact them.
- A PAC number is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your BT Mobile online account settings will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your account will be automatically closed.
While you wait for your Port Authorization Code from BT Mobile, get the best Vectone Mobile offer for you. Many of these exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Got your PAC code from BT Mobile?
Provide your PAC code from BT Mobile to Vectone Mobile online who will then be able to port your existing phone number from BT Mobile. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your SIM only or mobile contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your existing phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you give your new network provider your PAC code, your old billing account will be closed automatically when your number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity by SMS text message before porting your number.
Joining Vectone Mobile
How to switch to Vectone Mobile and keep my BT Mobile number?
First get your Vectone Mobile package and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old BT Mobile mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous BT Mobile network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Vectone Mobile SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new Vectone Mobile SIM card serial number found on the back.
Contact Vectone Mobile customer support by dialing 322 from your VectoneMobile or on 0207 1790134 from any other phone. Alternatively you can send an SMS text message to 07574212555 with your PAC code followed by a space and then your new Vectone Mobile number. VectoneMobile will send an acknowledgement message confirming the date of transfer.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Vectone Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your existing phone number in your new mobile network provider.
For more information and latest offers on mobile phone deals, visit Vectone Mobile online.