Keep my Orange number
How to get a PAC code from Orange & transfer my number to Vectone Mobile
Contact Orange to request your "Port Authorisation Code" (PAC) at the same time you give your notice of leaving. The Orange customer support line for Pay Monthly customers is 07973 100 150 (or 150 from your mobile), and for Pay As You Go customers dial 07973 100 450 (or 450 from your mobile). Orange will then send out your PAC code by post within 2 working days.
If you wish to use the 'text-to-switch' service, simply SMS text
65075 free from your Orange SIM to
get your Orange PAC code by text message and begin the porting process.
- Orange will provide your PAC code (Porting Authorisation Code) either by SMS text message, via email, or over the phone if you contact them.
- A PAC number is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your Orange account will remain active until your number has been ported over to your new Vectone Mobile network. After the transfer is complete, your old Orange account will be automatically closed.
While you wait to get your Orange PAC code, find the best Vectone Mobile online offer for you. Many of these exclusive mobile phone deals are only available online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Got your Orange PAC code?
Provide your PAC code from Orange to Vectone Mobile who will then be able to port your existing Orange number. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your SIM only or mobile contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your current phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you give Vectone Mobile your Orange PAC code, your old Orange billing account will be closed automatically when your mobile phone number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity by SMS text message before porting your number.
Transfer my number to Vectone Mobile
How to switch to Vectone Mobile and keep my Orange number?
First get your Vectone Mobile package and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old Orange mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The Orange PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Vectone Mobile SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new Vectone Mobile SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
Contact Vectone Mobile customer support by dialing 322 from your VectoneMobile or on 0207 1790134 from any other phone. Alternatively you can send an SMS text message to 07574212555 with your PAC code followed by a space and then your new Vectone Mobile number. VectoneMobile will send an acknowledgement message confirming the date of transfer.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Vectone Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.
For more information and latest offers on mobile phone deals, visit Vectone Mobile online.