Leaving The Phone Co-op
How to switch from The Phone Co-op & take your mobile number to Three
For the request of your PAC (Port Authorisation Code), call The Phone Co-op on 01608 434 000 or fill out the customer services form.
- The Phone Co-op will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either over the telephone, by SMS text message or via email.
- A PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your The Phone Co-op account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your The Phone Co-op account will be automatically closed.
The Phone Co-op must issue you with a PAC number within 2 working hours
of your request, or a reason for why it cannot be issued, in accordance with Ofcom's
"General Conditions of Entitlement".
Once you have received your Port Authorization Code from The Phone Co-op, take a look at the best Three offer that is suited to you. Many of the top mobile phone deals are available exclusively online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new Three mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from The Phone Co-op. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your contract before switching, otherwise you might not be able to port over your number. Once you provide your new network provider with your PAC code, your old account will automatically be cancelled when the number is migrated over.
Note: Credit on a PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go / Pre-Pay) account cannot be transferred and any remaining credit will be lost after the switch over.
How to switch to Three & bring your The Phone Co-op number with you
The first step is to sign up with Three and get your SIM card.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous The Phone Co-op network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Three sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Call Three on 333 from a 3-Mobile handset or 0333 338 1001 from any other phone or landline. You will need to have a Three account already active before you can transfer your old number.
Alternatively, you can fill in the online form to move your existing number to Three.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Three signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete.
Visit Three online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phone network deals.