Leaving Virgin Mobile
How to switch from Virgin Mobile & take your mobile number to Orange
Call Virgin Mobile on 789 from a VirginMobile SIM or dial 0345 6000 789 from any other phone, and ask for your "Port Authorisation Code" or PAC number.
- Virgin Mobile will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either over the telephone, by SMS text message or via email.
- A PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your Virgin Mobile account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your Virgin Mobile account will be automatically closed.
Virgin Mobile must issue you with a PAC number within 2 working hours
of your request, or a reason for why it cannot be issued, in accordance with Ofcom's
"General Conditions of Entitlement".
Once you have received your Port Authorization Code from Virgin Mobile, look for the best Orange offer that is suited to you. Many of the best mobile phone deals are available exclusively online, directly from the network providers listed here.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new Orange mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from Virgin Mobile. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your contract before switching, otherwise you might not be able to port over your number. Once you provide your new network provider with your PAC code, your old account will automatically be cancelled when the number is migrated over.
Note: Credit on a PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go / Pre-Pay) account cannot be transferred and any remaining credit will be lost after the switch over.
How to switch to Orange & bring your Virgin Mobile number with you
The first step, if you haven't already, is to sign up with Orange and get your SIM card.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous Virgin Mobile network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Orange sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Call Orange on 07973 100 980 and give them your PAC code. Or call Customer Services on 980 from your Orange handset.
Orange will then confirm with you the switch date and what will happen on the transfer day, when your original number will be automatically ported over.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Orange signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete.
Visit Orange online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phone network deals.