How to switch from Orange & take your mobile number to VOXI
Contact Orange to request your "Port Authorisation Code" (PAC) at the same time you give your notice of leaving. The Orange customer support line for Pay Monthly customers is 07973 100 150 (or 150 from your mobile), and for Pay As You Go customers dial 07973 100 450 (or 450 from your mobile). Orange will then send out your PAC code by post within 2 working days.
- Orange will provide your Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) either over the telephone, by SMS text message or via email.
- A PAC code is valid for 30 days. If you don't use it within thirty days it will expire and you will need to request a new one.
- Your Orange account will remain active until your number has been ported over to the new network. After the transfer is complete, your Orange account will be automatically closed.
Orange must issue you with a PAC number within 2 working days
of your request, or a reason for why it cannot be issued, in accordance with Ofcom's
"General Conditions of Entitlement".
Many of the top mobile phone deals are available exclusively online, directly from the network providers listed here. So once you have received your Port Authorization Code from Orange, get the best VOXI offer suited to you.
Finally, provide your PAC code to your new VOXI mobile network operator who will then be able to port your existing phone number from Orange. They will tell you what day the transfer is due to take place (usually within 48 hours).
Important: Do NOT cancel your contract before switching, otherwise you may lose your existing phone number and be unable to port it over. Once you provide your new network provider with your PAC code, your old account will automatically be closed once the number is successfully ported over.
Note: Credit on Pre-Pay / PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) accounts cannot be transferred over and so any remaining credit balance will be lost after the switch is complete. If you have any credit left, one good option is to donate it to a charity before porting your number.
How to switch to VOXI & bring your Orange number with you
The first step is to sign up with VOXI to get your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous Orange network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new VOXI sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
With your PAC code and mobile phone number to hand, contact the VOXI support team by dialing 191 from your new VOXI sim, or call 03333 040 191 from any other phone.
If you are switching from Vodafone or Talkmobile, you do not need a PAC code as they run on the same network. Just let them know that you want to keep your mobile number when switching to VOXI.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the VOXI signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your existing phone number in your new mobile network provider.
Visit VOXI online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phone deals.