Transfer my number to Honest Mobile
How to switch to Honest Mobile and keep my number?
First get your Honest Mobile deal and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready for the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Honest Mobile SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new Honest Mobile SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
Enter your PAC into the Honest Mobile app as part of your SIM activation process. You can also activate and manage your Honest Mobile SIM card online through their website.
After providing your PAC code you will be able to choose the day you would like to transfer your mobile number. You can choose to port your phone number the very next day as long as it is a working weekday, and you provide your PAC details before 5.30pm (17:30).
Honest Mobile will then send you a reminder on the day of your number transfer, and at some point during the day your old SIM card will stop working and your new Honest Mobile SIM will begin working with your old number.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Honest Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.