How to switch to giffgaff & bring your number with you
The first step, if you haven't already, is to sign up with giffgaff and get your SIM card.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new giffgaff sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Make sure your giffgaff account and SIM have been activated. Then log in to your account and complete the transfer form to keep your old number. A Giff gaff customer support agent will then get back to you with your transfer date. Replies can be found in your giffgaff account message box.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the giffgaff signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete.
Visit giffgaff online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phone network deals.