Transfer my number to Lebara Mobile
How to switch to Lebara Mobile and keep my number?
First get your Lebara Mobile deal and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready for the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Lebara Mobile SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new Lebara Mobile SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
You can keep your existing phone number and transfer it to Lebara online by completing the Lebara number port-in form and providing your PAC code from your previous mobile network provider.
Alternatively, call LebaraMobile on 0207 0310791 (or 5588 from your Lebara SIM or +44 207 0310791 from overseas) to let them know that you wish to keep your old mobile number and give them the Porting Authorisation Code (PAC).
When your mobile phone number is live on your new Lebara Mobile SIM card, you should receive an SMS text message to let you know that the number porting process has completed successfully.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Lebara Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.