Joining Tesco Mobile
How to switch to Tesco Mobile and keep my number?
First get your Tesco Mobile package with your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new Tesco Mobile SIM card.
- You may also need the new SIM card serial number found on the back.
Contact Tesco Customer Care by dialing 4455 from your Tesco Mobile phone or call them on 0345 301 4455 from another telephone. Let customer services know that you would like to transfer your old number to your new TescoMobile account and provide them with the PAC number from your old network provider.
Alternatively, you can text PORT to 23424 free from the Tesco Mobile number you want to replace.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the Tesco Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your existing phone number in your new mobile network provider.