How to switch to O2 & bring your number with you
The first step, if you haven't already, is to sign up with O2 and get your SIM card.
Once you have done that, ensure you have the following information ready:
- Your original mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new O2 sim card.
- You may also need the new SIM card number found on the back.
Contact O2 customer services and ask to transfer your old number. You can reach them either from your 02 mobile phone on 4445 for Pay As You Go, or 202 for Pay Monthly contracts. Alternatively from a landline: dial 0344 8090222 for Pay As You Go customer Service or 0344 8090202 for Pay Monthly customer Service.
Alternatively, you can fill in the online O2 form and they will contact you when the transfer is complete.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the O2 signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete.
Visit O2 online for more information and their latest offers on mobile phone network deals.