How to switch to O2 and keep my number?
First get your O2 package and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old mobile phone number you want to keep.
- The Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new O2 SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new O2 SIM card serial number found on the back.
Contact O2 customer services and ask to transfer your old number. You can reach them either from your 02 mobile phone on 4445 for Pay As You Go, or 202 for Pay Monthly contracts. Alternatively from a landline: dial 0344 8090222 for Pay As You Go customer Service or 0344 8090202 for Pay Monthly customer Service.
Alternatively, you can fill in the online O2 form and they will contact you when the transfer is complete.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the O2 signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your existing phone number in your new mobile network provider.