Transfer my number to O2
How to switch to O2 and keep my number?
First get your O2 deal and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready for the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new O2 SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new O2 SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
Contact O2 customer services with your PAC code and let them know you wish to transfer your old number to O2. You can reach them either from your 02 mobile phone on 4445 for Pay As You Go, or 202 for Pay Monthly contracts.
If you are calling from a landline: dial 0344 8090222 for Pay As You Go customer Service or 0344 8090202 for Pay Monthly customer Service.
Alternatively, you can fill in the online O2 form and they will contact you when the transfer is complete.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the O2 signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.