Transfer my number to TalkTalk Mobile
How to switch to TalkTalk Mobile and keep my number?
First get your TalkTalk Mobile package and activate your new SIM card.
Once you have done that, get the following information ready to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Your old mobile phone number that you want to keep.
- The PAC code (Porting Authorization Code) from your previous network.
- The expiry date of the PAC number (valid for 30 days from the date of issue).
- The temporary mobile number from your new TalkTalk Mobile SIM card activation.
- You may also need the new TalkTalk Mobile SIM card serial number found on the back as an additional security check.
Your TalkTalk mobile SIM card needs to be activated before you can transfer your existing number. Once your SIM is active, you can request the transfer from your online account or by telephoning TalkTalk customer service on 2883 from your TalkTalk Mobile or 0345 172 0088 from any other phone.
Note: You may lose network service for a short period on the day of transfer. If this happens, turn your phone off and on occasionally, until you see the TalkTalk Mobile signal on your mobile phone screen. This will indicate that the transfer is complete, and you can now use your old phone number in your new mobile network provider.